So, you're sitting around, doing not much of anything, really, and you decide that you've gotten a raw deal, that Life hasn't treated you kindly. You sort of think that you're in a unique situation; no one likes you, you have no life, you're broke, no one cares, you're struggling with life issues, and you feel like you don't matter at all and wouldn't the world be better off without you, really. Well, I'm here to tell you to get off your ass and Do Something about it. Here are some things, in no particular order, that you can do that will make you feel better about Life, in general, and Your Life, in particular.
1. Do something nice for someone, without being asked, and without expecting anything in return. Do a Good Deed. Be a Good Deed Doer. You won't become rich or famous, but you may make someone smile or make their heart skip a beat or turn a shitty day into a good one.
2. Go for a walk around your neighborhood. Look at every house you pass, and realize that there are people inside who have problems, just like you. Maybe some of those problems are worse, maybe some not as bad, but, rest assured, every house has people in it who are struggling with something. You are not alone. Recognizing this fact helps you to put your own problems into perspective, sometimes.
3. Spend some time with little kids. Spend some time with elders. Spend some time with animals.
4. Spend a little time, even just a couple hours a week, volunteering. There are loads of people out there who are way worse off than you are, and with the economy the way it is, charities are strapped for funds and help. Find a soup kitchen, a food bank, a homeless shelter, a literacy program, a shelter for victims of domestic violence, a hospital, a prison, whatever. Not only does this go into the Good Deeds category, it will help you to appreciate how good you've really got it.
5. Do something creative, even if you think you suck at it. Draw a picture. Write a poem or short story. Take up a musical instrument. You don't have to ever share it with anyone; just do it.
6. Stop spending so much time in your own head. Introspection is a good and necessary thing, but too much of it and pretty soon the only voice you hear is your own, and you may not be giving yourself the best advice if you're depressed. Get out and talk to other human beings.