Wednesday, June 6, 2012

It Would Be Irresponsible Not To Speculate



From the "things that make you go hmmm" files.

Has the Romney family really given up the polygamist tradition practiced by Willard/Mitt's very own grandfather, or have they just learned to better disguise it?  I am informed by people who would know that it is not at all uncommon for polygamist Mormons to use a "surrogate" as cover for children born to anyone other than the First Wife.  And, then, comes this.

"This the second time that Tagg, 42, and his wife, Jen,39,  have used a surrogate. The same surrogate was used for the twins carried their youngest son Jonathan, who was born in August of 2010. Their other three children were not born via surrogacy."

So, two pregnancies, via the same surrogate, when clearly, the couple were able to reproduce on their own on three other occasions?  I don't know, but it seems that some enterprising journalist might find a good story there.  I'm just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. Makes perfect sense to me. I've also read that Utah has a very high rate surrogacy. I wonder why that is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, ql, I don't know. I mean, it could be legit, as it is part of the Mormon faith to have as many children as possible, and if the wife is unable, surrogacy would be a good option. But, Tagg's wife is only 39, and already had three children. As I said, I really wish someone with the resources and/or a press pass would look into it.

    ReplyDelete